Follow Mae on Twitter
3 hours ago
@ruthbinns thanks! I think there are only a few tickets left, like 2 or 3... x
13 hours ago
RT @TheInvisibleDot: ID 139.09: THE NEW WAVE. 13 June. With @GillinghamJoe & @MissDianeMorgan, @TheMaeMartin @Mcmetriou @IvoGraham & more. …
20 May 2013
@TianGlasgow I'm the absolute worst
20 May 2013
RT @londonisfunny: Morning all. Have a SPOTLIGHT! on @TheMaeMartin ... http://t.co/yYwfsjhYFu "One of my British pals told me I look like a…
20 May 2013
Thanks @londonisfunny for the article! http://t.co/3lwNhIdBDd
- 3 hours ago
Like Mae on Facebook
* * * * – “She had the audience in the palm of her hand” – Three Weeks
* * * * – “A dizzying hour” – Fringe Biscuit
* * * * “Full of the confidence of a veteran comedian… An hour of rapier wit and cute charisma” – SCOTSGAY
* * * * “A very accomplished stage presence… It’s not often you’re sad at the end of a show because you remember that you don’t actually know the performer” – Fringe Guru
* * * * “… an enchanting performance… she was excellent” – Broadwaybaby.com
* * * * “A complete gem” – The Gay Times
“She’s gentle but intelligent, sweet yet sharp, and it’s a winning combination…after the night is over, it’s Mae Martin people are talking about. She’s the gem in an evening of outstanding comic talent.” – Spoonfed.co.uk
Mae Martin began writing and performing comedy at the tender age of 13. She has been nominated for two Canadian Comedy Awards, and was the youngest ever nominee for the prestigious Tim Sims Encouragement Fund Award. Her television credits in Canada include MuchMusic’s Video On Trial, Global Television’s “Global Comedians” (alongside Maria Bamford, Jon Dore, Dave Foley, James Smith and Matt Kirshen), The Comedy Network’s “Cream of Comedy” and the Space Network’s “Spacey Awards”.
Mae is currently based in the U.K. where she has played at festivals and clubs across the country. She has been a finalist in the Musical Comedy Awards and the Hackney New Variety Act of the Year awards. This year she won “Best International Performer” at the Brighton Fringe and received stellar reviews at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Mae is represented by John Noel Management and recently appeared on Russell Howard’s Good News, BBC Radio 4′s “Fresh From the Frings”, and BBC 3′s Comedy Marathon.
In Canada catch her on CBC in the Halifax Comedy Festival which airs in June 2013. Unless Earth gets hit by a meteor before then.